So, you are ready to rid your carpets of all the filth that has been collecting over the holidays. Or maybe you just got a new pet and are finding stains all around the house. Allergies acting up? Whatever the reason for hiring Eagle Springs Carpet Cleaning, we are happy to have you as a customer, and we are here to help you with some tips for before and after our services.
What you should do before a service:
- To best prepare for our service day, it is important to pick up any loose items that may be scattered on the floor.
- Be sure to vacuum the floors for any area that we are scheduled to service. Typically to maintain carpets, it is ideal to vacuum once or twice a week and more often as needed if you
- Remove any fragile or valuable items to prevent any damage. Move any obstacles such as cords and chargers that may be in the work area.
- Move small furniture pieces to an area that is off of the carpets. For larger furniture, if you wish for an area to be cleaned, make sure all large furniture is removed from the area.
- Be sure to share any areas of concern with us so that we can pay special attention to this area while cleaning.
- Lift all floor-length curtains and drapes up and away from the floor at least a few inches, to protect them from moisture and the machinery.
- Secure all pets in a safe place that will not be accessed by us to ensure the safety of both parties. Loud machinery can startle your pet or cause them to try and run. It is best to keep them in a room with a closed door.
After a service
- Please be aware that carpets typically take anywhere from 4 to 12 hours to dry after cleaning. Keep this area clear of traffic immediately after service to ensure the carpet has ample time to dry.
- Keep the room at a comfortable temperature or use fans to quicken the drying process.
- On warm days, windows can be opened to all fresh air in to assist the drying process.
- Be aware that while we use fans immediately after service, the carpets may still retain some moisture. Be sure not to replace furniture until the serviced area is 100 percent dry. Carpet can become damaged if moisture is trapped under heavy furniture.
- To maintain and protect your clean carpets for a longer, consider putting mats down in high traffic areas to minimize dirt and stains.
With all these tips and tricks, you can ensure a great experience with us on your service day. We look forward to providing you with the carpet care you deserve.